Monday, June 18, 2007

A Lecturer's Dream

I started reading Madeleine Albright’s memoir. No I haven’t finished yet because it’s as thick as a dictionary… I only reach the 1980s period.

I realize that like many other great achievers, Albright had very clear vision and direction since young. She knew herself well, she knew what she interested in, she knew the career path she wanted to take – and the knowledge of herself started very young. Of course she is a very determine person. Gung-ho, and persevere. And she actually planned her career move so carefully that she eventually achieve what she wanted.

I believe this is what everyone needs to do – know yourself well.

I struggled with the “who am I” question when I was younger. I had an ambition to be a teacher when I was a kid (and later I realized that it was actually an ambition set for me by The Mother). Then I thought I wanted to study Chinese literature. Then I wanted to go to Japan to study. After all those fail, I entered university where I met a classmate who introduced the world of psychology to me, for which I eventually studied. It was only after a few years later then I discovered where my passion lies, and that you can actually be interested and involved in many things at the same time. But that was not until the later part of my youths.

No wonder I can only be a lecturer.

3 comments:

m said...

But a good lecturer nonetheless!

FuSe said...

SO WHAT IZ THY PAZZION?

FuSe said...

LOL Ms Chuah tio spam.