Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Happy New Year

I didn’t wish to start my new year this way – with disappointment, and with someone ran into the back of my car in the middle of PIE.

Yes yes. We’ve heard of EQ and AQ. We’ve heard from motivational gurus on how we should turn obstacles into opportunities. We’ve heard how we should be resilient, persevere, blah blah blah.

But sometimes it’s not so easy. Especially when it comes to something that you have totally no control over. I guess the “easiest” (if there’s an easy way at all) way to deal with disappointment is to get on with life immediately.

It is never easy to find that internal strength. It is never easy to find that motivation to get on with life again, to fight again, to hope yet again.

But I think sometimes we don’t have a choice.

I dare not let myself sank too deep into self-pity for I fear that I will never get up again. And so the new year starts.

3 comments:

RanD said...

Ms Chuah! Hope you weren't hurt, both physically and psychologically, by the traffic incident. Take care yea! God bless

Randy

Anonymous said...

About "turning obstacles into opportunities", i remembered Einstein once said, "In difficulty lies opportunity" or something like that.. And this quote helps me to be strong... Wee~

Lela

Chuah Soon Soon said...

"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." - Albert Einstein