Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Road to Recovery / Discovery

This is a bizarre period of time. Recuperation. Wet weather. Festive season. Year end. The combination brings one to a deeper level of thoughts.

It is during this period of time that I discovery a lot more about myself, about living harmoniously with The Mom, and about what lies ahead.

My greatest fear.
My greatest disappointment.
My greatest hope.

I don't make new year resolutions. A respected elder once told me: "we have to create history everyday." Not earth-shattering history, but little milestons in our daily lives that would make us a better person.

I encourage myself everyday. I tell myself I need to have faith everyday. I tell myself life has to go on no matter what everyday. And that doesn't change even it's a brand new year coming ahead.

Self-reflection is a powerful thing. It brings out the best and the worst in you. It lets you look at yourself not just at the mirror but through the mirron until the bottom of your heart.

I too have doubts. I have a lot of questions about life that are unanswered. As a new year approaches, I just need to climb a mountain everyday - a mountain called Self, until I reach the green pasture on the other side.

Happy new year.

2 comments:

jojo; said...

hi miss chuaaahhhh!
happy new year :)
ok i dunu what happened, but yeaa take care! i miss talking to you! ehehe..

love lots!
jolene

Vicnan said...

Happy new year. =)